Is Target Cheating on me?

I just got back from Target, on my lunch break, and I saw something that could be potentially heartbreaking. There was a PEPSI truck out front, and PEPSI men bringing in new Soda Coolers to put in the aisles.

Shit. Are they replacing the Coke coolers with PEPSI Coolers? I am a hard-core Coca-Cola girl. Right now? Target has alternating aisles, half are for PEPSI products, half are for Coke. Everytime I go there, I grab a Vanilla Diet Coke out of the Coke Cooler. They had better NOT be taking those away.

Then? I saw what they were doing. They are putting the new PEPSI coolers in the SAME AISLE as the coke coolers? WTF? They are moving the candy – and putting in PEPSI Coolers. Now – if it stays like this? Great. But I have a sneaking suspicion that those Coke coolers will be gone soon.

Please tell me Target and Pepsi did NOT get into bed together. I don’t want to hear that they have joined forces. If Target should join forces with anyone, it should be Coca-Cola. I love Target with all of my heart, it would be DEVASTATING if I could not longer grab a cold DVC on my way out every day. *sniff*

No, I am NOT crying. Jeez, that would be overreacting, doncha’ think?

1. Lee says:

It’s all a ploy Z…..eventually everything will be replaced by RC cola.

2. kerry says:

I went to Target and saw the same thing – it must be happening all over town! (Or we go to the same Target) I’m addicted to Diet Cherry Coke, which I can find almost nowhere, but this doesn’t bode will for me EVER finding it at Target.

3. monique says:

just got back from our target and all was status quo… as much as i love me some vanilla coke, i usually default to dr. pepper.
    if they did get together (pepsi and target) i think the new name should be “tarpsi” – very catchy.

4. Nicole says:

Oooh, someone mentioned Diet Cherry Coke. If I could get my hands on a can of that right now I’d be so happy…

5. Shiz says:

Rumor has it that places of business prefer Pepsi because they have the best service by far. This is why a lot of restaurants with fountain drinks serve Pepsi. If anything breaks, Pepsi is there in a hearbeat. Coke, not so much.

So really, if your fears are coming true it might actually be Coke’s fault for giving inferior service.

I like water, myself. And NOT the Coke water, Dasani. I don’t drink WATER so Coke can make money.

6. Rick says:

As I started reading this post I had to chuckle because I pictured you in the aisle at Target bearing down on them poor working stiffs trying to jockey in the Pepsi cooler and you yelling, “Just WTF do you two clowns think you’re doing? Talk to me…TALK TO ME!”
    Yeah, that made me chuckle.
    Your site looks great!

7. bellabelly says:

EEEW pepsi… thats so yucky.. and by the way, did you turn blonde today??? Cause your bloggirl did!

8. susan says:

My mom just got back from Spain and gave me a picture of a restaurant that had one side of an outdoor café all in red with coca-cola logo attire, and the other side was blue with pepsi! Die-hard Cola fan here. :)

9. Debby says:

What do you mean they have moved the candy????????

10. GranolaSpice says:

I am totally a member of the Coke-Army. And does this mean that they’re going to have less candy? Call your congressman!

11. Genuine says:

Yes! They are calling it Pepget!

12. Oliquig says:

That is so weird, at my Targets they all have both, I don’t want to lose the the Cokage.

13. Kaffy says:

I’m with you, Zoot. I love my Diet Vanilla Coke from Target. My store currently has both Pepsi & Coke products. Hope it stays that way.

14. gwen says:

ok, that’s wrong… they can’t move the candy! they just can’t!

15. ben says:

I’m sorry, a vanilla coke needs to have vanilla syrup squirted in it at the soda fountain. And “diet” just isn’t allowed.

I’m hard-core about my flavored cokes.

But Pepsi? I think we need to put Target On Notice that this is a problem. Pepsi is like the anti-Coke.

16. Hilldery says:

It is Coke all the way for me! Seriously, I will not drink Pepsi. Hopefully Target is just getting new Pepsi displays, and your Diet Vanilla Coke is safe.

17. Kerry says:

Sigh. All of this talk about Vanilla Coke is just making me sad. Because do they make a caffeine free version of Vanilla Coke? Well not that I’ve seen. And even if they did, it would still be wrong somehow. Coke is MEANT to have caffeine.

I really wish I hadn’t given up caffeine in the first place. Because now I know how much better I feel without it…which means I can’t go back. But oh, how I miss my Diet Coke.

18. type a says:

dude, i was also at target today at lunch – and was all excited about the sushi you had yesterday – apparently? my greatland target? has no sushi :(

stupid target all around!

19. DeAnn says:

This is coming from a person who doesn’t drink either (not a health thing; I just think all brown pop other than root beer tastes like ass), but isn’t it possible to keep both coolers? Or do they have to choose?

Maybe they’re just weaning all of you Coke people. The bastards!

20. Tjej says:

yuk! I’m totally a coke girl too. Coke coke coke. It’s so much better. Pepsi’s too sweet.

21. myllissa says:

I’m addicted to Diet Coke with Lime. I don’t know what I would do if my most favoritest store switched alliances on me.