Good Morning!!

My weekend was too short.

Our first soccer game went well. We lost, BUT it was the first time I’ve ever seen one of LilZ’s coaches actually have control over the team. They listened to him, and obeyed him. It was beautiful. Most of the time, it’s some guy screaming over a bunch of boys who are too preoccupied beating each other up and finding things on the field to throw to listen to what he’s saying. We have several REALLY good players who actually seem to like to pass, which is a nice change. It should be a good season.

The game ended up getting called in the third quarter for lightning. And while all the other parents were grabbing chairs and children and running toward their cars to beat the rain – I was chasing after them all screaming “Wait! Do you want a snack? I have snacks! Anyone? Stop! It’s Cheez-Its and Cookie Granola Bars!” Yeah. I got about 8 of them handed out. And half of those were to kids NOT on our team. Oh well.

We saw Without a Paddle yesterday. It was okay. All the funny parts were in the previes. But the weird thing was that Seth Green and Mathew Lilliard were actually playing adults in this flick. When did they make that transition? They’ve been playing high school kids, for like 20 years. It was weird. From the previews I thought they were STILL playing high school kids, but nope. Thirty-year-olds.

Finally? We watched V: the miniseries last night. HA! It was AWESOME. I remeber watching the tv show as a kid, and watching the mini-series yesterday reminded me of bits and pieces of the television series (which I loved). I think I may order the rest of the TV series from amazon.com today. Did you watch that show at all? The mini-series was still pretty good. Even TWENTY years later. I got really into it, even with the crappy effects.

Or maybe that’s just me.

1. feisty girl says:

I went to high school with a kid named Seth, who spent most of his four years trying to convince people that he wasn’t gay.

I heard he’s now making gay pr0n. Not that that has anything to do with anything. I’m just saying. Man I need some sleep. ;)

2. Seth. I never liked the name Seth. I think I saw a movie once where a character named Seth turned into a vampire.

I saw a Krispy Kreme shop in Canada and thought of you. I wanted to take a picture of it but I was afraid the Canadians would think I was wierd and have me arrested.

3. Jon’s afraid of Canadians!

I enjoy Seth, did you see him in Knock Around Guys (boys?) LOVED IT and him in that.

4. monique says:

i was afraid the best parts of the movie were in the trailers… oh well, i’ll wait for pay-per-view. i think Seth is awesome… but never realized he was so short. he’s good on the 70s show, and a hoot in all the Austin Powers.

i LOVED V… i remember planting myself in front of the tv with a 2 liter of coke and a bag of doritos every week for it. marc singer… that’s the guy, right? i think i may have to borrow it… =)

5. monique says:

oh, and woo hoo for heading into a good soccer season!

6. Debby says:

Going through BB withdrawl right now…can’t wait for Tuesday!

7. junkie says:

So happy for LilZ, but reading this made me so glad Ariel isn’t playing soccer anymore. She would STILL be the one skipping down the field…stopping to pick up and blow on a dandelion.

V: the miniseries…did I get you that a long time ago?

8. zootsmom says:

If you get the mini series I want to come and watch it……I loved it also…………..we can have a party………………

9. Yay for LilZoot! My stepdaughter will be 13 this Thanksgiving, and she is really into sports. I know that when she was 8 and 9 going to soccer games was almost painful because the girls used to just walk up and down the field, jumping out of the way of the ball. Now that she’s getting older though, the coaches are better, and the girls actually play and it’s a lot of fun to watch!
    I started watching the mini-series last night too, but fell asleep almost right away :( Loooong weekend.

10. Hudson says:

My dad got V at a yard sale and we just watched the whole thing over two nights a few months ago. Like you said, still pretty sweet!

11. Janet says:

What is V: the miniseries?

12. samantha says:

i remember when V was on TV – it scared the living crap out of me! I’d like to see it again, since it’s getting pretty good reviews here at the Zootery.
    must send the luhve out to Scott Green as well. I luhve him in Austin Powers and in that movie that I have watched on TV, Can’t Hardly Wait! I heart that movie! And I’m not ashamed to proclaim it to the world!

13. bellabelly says:

OMG! I LOVED V !!! I used to watch it all the time when I was little.

I loved Diana– I thought she was so beautiful– until she bit the head off of a canary. Then she was scary-beautiful. Which I thougth was cool (what kind of child was I?)

Anyway, my favorite parts of V was when the human girl had the twins–and one of them was a lizard looking thing! I was so sad when it died. Then the other twin grew up and had all these powers. I wanted to be her.

I don’t know if I have seen the mini-series. Isn’t that how the show started out???? I can’t remember!

But I LOVED it.

14. DeAnn says:

I love Seth Green AND Matthew Lillard, but I really thought that movie looked bad. I think I’ll wait for the video. The preview did make it look like they’re playing high school kids, though. Weird.

What is V: the miniseries? I feel completely out of it because I have never heard of it.

15. Randi says:

Okay, my husband bought V, the first half on DVD, and made me watch it. I didn’t want to, but he made me…and I loved it! The worst part was that we had to wait a few months before the SECOND half came out! We now, happily, own both halves and I was able to see how they destroyed the aliens..I think that’s the only other movie I know of that Marc Singer’s in! LOVE Marc!

16. Erin says:

I don’t know if you’ve seen it yet, but I watched a movie called Godsend last night. It has Robert de Niro, Greg Kinnear, and Rebecca Romaijn-Stamos in it…creepy. Definitely not one for Lil Zoot, but you mind enjoy it. Not really SCARY, per se, but creeepy. (Shivers.)