Late.

Okay. So at this moment, I SHOULD be waking up LilZoot to take his shower. He’s still sleeping. I SHOULD be fully dressed, whereas I’m wearing my work skirt, but my jammie top. I SHOULD have had at least two cups of coffee by now (decaf. but I still need it.) but I just took the first sip of my first cup. I SHOULD be packing LilZoot’s lunch box, but I don’t even know where it is yet. I SHOULD be proofing and entry that I already wrote. I SHOULD be 15 minutes from leaving for work, but it looks like I’ll be leaving 15 minutes LATE. And that’s at TOP spead -with this crappy entry being one of the casualties.

MrZoot decided to “sleep in” and eventhough he TOLD me (at 4:40am) it didnt register enough to actually realize that would mean I would have no “alarm” (his shower is my alarm) so he’s still in bed and I’m frantically preparing for work. PRAYING I dont forget to take off my house shoes and put ON my dress shoes.

Although, I do work in an office of men, I doubt they’d notice.

But the pink jammie top with the grey suit skirt? That would probably seem odd to them. I think I’ll go take care of that right now. We all know that I don’t need any more “guess what stupid-ass thing I did today” blog material.

1. Michelle says:

You are blog obsessed my friend! And I say that so lovingly bc I know what it is like. But to take time out when you are running late to tell us that you are running late made me laugh out loud. But then again since you cannot post from work anymore (dang work) gues syou gotta get it all in when you can.

To mike who posted…I wear slippers in the winter…and to Ben I would LOVE a wear your jammies to work day! Cheerio!

2. mike says:

the good thing about my job is that no one would think it unusual if i came to work in a jammie top…or slippers either for that matter…i owned any slippers. do guys wear slippers anymore?

3. Laura says:

Thats one thing I guess Im lucky for – I wear scrubs to work – my biggest thought in the morning is “what color do I feel like wearing today” The rest is all automatic pilot – Make bed, brush teeth, shower, choose color, iron, feed cats, clean litter box (unless deb does it)Dry hair (my biggest problem) get dressed, feed stray cats outside, torment the public when I drive like a maniac to get to work.

4. Debby says:

Pink and grey match….

5. monique says:

Debby said what i was going to say…

6. ben says:

I think “wear your jammies to wok day” could be really fun.

Er, “could be”, you don’t want to see me in my jammies. Ever.

7. Jenny says:

Poor Zoot…hope your day gets better, Hon.

8. Stacy says:

Sorry to hear that your day is off to a bad start. I promise that it will get better because tonight you can go home and watch BB5 and TAR.

9. As I’m reading this? I’m totally late myself. And your outfit while typing sounds better than what I’m currently wearing! Hope the rest of your day goes well. And? Well? DID you remember to take off your house shoes? :)

10. Beth says:

I agree that the jammie shirt and the skirt sounds like a good combo – you should have gone with it.

11. Kerry says:

Aw, but we like to hear about the stupid things you do! It makes us feel less bad about the stupid things WE do.

I’m thinking no one would notice if I wore my pajamas to work. Maybe I’ll try that tomorrow, seeing as I don’t have any meetings scheduled.

12. heh…what are house shoes?
    Slippers?
    Also…wearing your jammies to work would make GREAT blog fodder.
    Don’t you think?

13. Shiz says:

Ha! I had a friend who had an internship in DC. On the morning of some big breakfast event she slept in, got flustered, and ran across the street to be there in her pajamas! They told her she could go home.

I would LOVE to wear pajamas to work. Mine are fuzzy and have polka dots on them.

14. DeAnn says:

And yet you took time to write an entry? You’re a lovely lovely lady.

Oh, and also, you drink decaf? Now THAT is crazy talk.