Why my beer money is on a higher priority list than the utility money

MrZ called me this afternoon to let me know that the results of the 5K this weekend are posted online. He was not as pleased with his results as he should have been considering he hadn’t done any cardio in MONTHS. He innocently said, “I think I may start running in the mornings before work.”

And what did I say? “WEEELLLL. Just what you need. ANOTHER thing to keep you away from us.”

(snotty tone implied.)

I was simply taking my Stay At Home Mom frustrations out on him and decided to call him back to apologize. Of course, my apology went something like this:

“Hey, listen. I am sorry I was so snotty earlier…(it’s okay so far) …But I’ve just had a really long day… (here is where it gets bad) …and it’s just that you ALREADY have the gym that you go to a few times a week and once in awhile maybe I’d like to do something out of the house!”

(snotty tone implied.)

And to make matters worse? We’re celebrating his birthday tonight (two days early). And what did I do? Apologize by going ON and ON and ON about ALL THE THINGS I have done today and how TIRED I am and how BUSY I am and how I’ve been working on HIS birthday dinner and HIS birthday cake and bitch…whine…moan.

I’m so mature.

And SO good at birthdays.

And apologies.

1. Carrisa says:

are you able to have sex y et? that might make him forget all about it….
    and then go out this weekend shopping and buy yourself something pretty… i think that’s a great idea!

2. MrsAnthrope says:

Hey, Grumblecakes, I thought I had a trademark on the resentment-against-outside-exercise strategy for marital success? For some reason, my husband’s infrequent mountain biking and hoops expeditions with his buddies always bring out the bitter old hag in me.

Ugh, utilities. How is it that every year is like a 40-50% increase on something on that godawful bill? I am going to have to downgrade to an even cheaper wine than I already drink…At this rate, I’ll be back down to my classy high school favorite, Boone’s Farm Wild Strawberry, before long….

3. Kell says:

How about maybe buying a jogging stroller? You can usually get them at Buy it Again Sports for a great price. This would be great for the whole family – MrZ can jog with the baby and give you a chance to get a shower, etc. You can even wlak with the baby and get some exercise, and even LilZ would probably love to run with his baby sister! You may even find you enjoy it!!!

4. Zoot: 2-1 he knows how you’re feeling, and no apologies are necessary.

5. alektra says:

I think that was a good apology, since he reads this journal and knows how you feel.

And you’re frustrated because you love him. Hugs. And have a great dinner.

6. Maribeth says:

Could you be feeling a little bit tired and post partum? The chances are good he knows and understands. Having a baby is a big deal. Especially when you have a c-section. That’s major surgery. Don’t be so hard on yourself.
    And have a nice dinner and a nice evening.

7. Nicole says:

Ah yes, I remember those days of motherhood solitutde. Makes you completely mean and snotty. But, to be fair to you, you are tired, worn out and home alone most of the day. I can’t tell you how many times I have had a conversation like that with my husband. Don’t be too hard on yourself! Maybe you can get a little Zoot alone time soon. You deserve it too.

8. linda says:

Yeah, me….Mr Z and me have the same birthday!

9. Are you evesdropping on the conversations I have DAILY with my husband and then stealing them for blog material?! Oh, you’re not? Well then it’s good to know I’m not the only crazy woman who tortures her husband ;) Of course I’m kidding. They’re really rotten, selfish bastards who have no idea what we go through! Kidding again.

Or am I ?
    ;)

10. Emily G. says:

I do the same thing. Completely. It drives my husband crazy but he sticks around for the sex. And my cooking. And the fact that I keep everything running while his lazy ass does NOTHING and leaves all the lights on.