Guess what I’m doing tonight? I’m going to a BAR. To see a BAND play. And possibly DANCE. Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve done that? A million years – that’s how long. It’s one of my best friend’s birthday and to celebrate we’re going to see her favorite band play. I used to see the same band whenever they came into town, but they have since broken up and only play once in a blue moon. And I’ve gotten old and boring.
But I’m so excited! I’m also nervous because – what if they can tell I’m old and don’t let me in? What do I wear? How much money do I need? Should I carry cash or will they run me a tab? Does anybody run tabs anymore? Does anyone use cash anymore? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?
Either way – it should be fun. I’m a huge fan of good bluegrass and these guys are awesome. I’m also a big fan of dancing and I haven’t been out in years – I guess since my bachelorette party – so I’m sure I’ll look sufficiently like a fool to last for the next five years.
I watched this video on The Today Show this morning and started bawling immediately. I didn’t want to be the only one hysterical before work so I rewound it and made my friend Stace watch it too. She bawled hysterically. I can’t find it on YouTube – but if you click this link, you can see the video too. If you don’t cry, you are a stronger man than I.
Sweetest thing EVER.
(I’ve officially cried over this 100 times now.)
I took MrZ’s car into the dealership this morning to have it serviced and get the a/c fixed. I walked over to Barnes and Noble to work using their WiFi while they looked at the car. The dealership called and said my favorite words: This is going to cost you a kidney.
The compressor went out so we had to pay about $600 bucks to fix it. Awesome. They called back an hour or so later and I went to go get it. As I was pulling it out of the dealership, the low fuel indicator came on. Now – MrZ has a strict “Only Good Gas” policy for his car, but I kinda panicked. I wasn’t sure where the closes “Good Gas” place was and I didn’t want to run out looking, so I broke the rule and pulled over to get a few gallons from a no-name place. 3 gallons. That’s all I got, I SWEAR. But MrZ’s car knew. And it wouldn’t start. SERIOUSLY. I was stuck with a dead car at a gas pump, how fun is that?
I called the dealership and they brought the shuttle but they couldn’t take me to my office, so I’m sitting in the waiting room at the dealership using their WiFi waiting for MrZ’s car to get towed. This is so awesome I just want to cry. And it’s all gray and humid and ugly here today. In case spending a day in a stinky waiting room and spending a fortune to fix a car isn’t awesome enough – I have frizzy hair to contend with too.
I need a beer.
So – Today has been declared stop cyber bullying day. I feel like I must make a small comment about that. I’ve followed a little bit of the chaos mentioned in that article, although after seeing a few bloggers go through some awful cyber bullying experiences, I’ve simply stopped reading about it. I’m not even thinking about it. I’m simply doing what every blogger who has been through it has said to do: Ignore it. It’s awful, it sucks, but I think the best way to stop cyber bullying – is to ignore it. Probably wishful thinking, and probably naive, but you know what? It helps me keep this blog about rainbows and teddy bears. And that’s the way I like it.
So: How about a little question that is both silly and fascinating all at the SAME TIME. I’m blowing your minds here, people. Step back.
Why is it that ugly dogs are so cute? I have two dogs that fall into a breed that is not conventionally cute, they may even be considered conventionally a little ugly, but not only do I find them utterly and irresistibly adorable – but so does everyone else! It doesn’t work that way for humans, why does it work that way for dogs?
Don’t let the academic prowess I demonstrate intimidate you. Not everyone can be as brilliant as I am.
Man! I make a vow to blog more and then my internet goes and gets all crappy on me. During that time I had exactly 23 great blog entry ideas. Now that I have access to internet again, my ideas have dropped to one. The crappy one. So crappy I’m going to blog about the worst thing any blogger could blog about: Blogging! I have a few blogging concepts I want to discuss as they’ve been topics of debate across the blogosphere.
- I’m trying to start responding to comments in the comments section. How do you feel about that? Do you like when bloggers do that or do you prefer email response? I think I like doing it better from the blogger point of view, but I’m not sure if I like it from a commenter point of view.
- How do you feel about RSS feeds? Do you love them? (I do!) Do you hate them because no one actually goes to blogs anymore? I kinda feel that way. It always suprises me when I actually click through to comment and the blogger has redesigned. I’m always confused because, “I read them everyday! How did I not know?” So – if you redesign, you should mention it in your blog so lazy people like me know.
- What do you think about “About” pages? What do you find useful? A Cast of characters? A short paragraph summarizing life? A 100 things list? I kinda like the 100 things lists myself.
- What about memes? How do you feel about them? Do you love them? As a blogger, I kinda love them a little. But some people think they’re lame and I’m wondering what you think? Do you think I’m lame when I do them?
- Do you Myspace? I do. But I kinda have a love/hate relationship with it. I love it when people find me but I hate it when they get mad at me for never checking it.