I’m so old

Guess what I’m doing tonight? I’m going to a BAR. To see a BAND play. And possibly DANCE. Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve done that? A million years – that’s how long. It’s one of my best friend’s birthday and to celebrate we’re going to see her favorite band play. I used to see the same band whenever they came into town, but they have since broken up and only play once in a blue moon. And I’ve gotten old and boring.

But I’m so excited! I’m also nervous because – what if they can tell I’m old and don’t let me in? What do I wear? How much money do I need? Should I carry cash or will they run me a tab? Does anybody run tabs anymore? Does anyone use cash anymore? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

Either way – it should be fun. I’m a huge fan of good bluegrass and these guys are awesome. I’m also a big fan of dancing and I haven’t been out in years – I guess since my bachelorette party – so I’m sure I’ll look sufficiently like a fool to last for the next five years.

1. jonniker says:

Bring cash. At a crowded bar, running a tab is a remarkable challenge.

2. courtney says:

oooooh bluegrass. what band is it?

3. Bethiclaus says:

Ohmigod! This is very exciting. You should try to dress “cool” like you would have last time you went to a bar. It will be awesome!

I don’t go to bars anymore. How sad has my life become?

4. Toonses says:

Most places I go to won’t run a tab, unless it’s like a dinner then pitchers type thing. I’m not sure if it’s because the bars all around campus don’t trust us young ‘uns to pay up at the end of the night.. but since you’re so dang old, maybe the bartender will assume you’re more trustworthy!

I actually wouldn’t consider you old unless you showed up at the bar wearing a sweatshirt with a pattern on it. Like a white one with a Disney Princess on it.

Then you’d be old.

5. Bonnie says:

Run a tab. I do that just because I can.

And make sure someone takes dancing photos and you post them. :D

6. Michelle says:

Run a tab…it feels real adult like. Wear jeans and a hot little black shirt…dance wherever you want…and for fun…well you decide…..but have a great time…

7. Mallory says:

How exciting! Take/post photos, K? I’d bring cash, lots of 1′s and 5′s make it easier…party like its 1999 baybee!

8. Jenny H. says:

So jealous! You will have a great time!

Tabs are out? Shows how long it’s been since I’ve been anywhere!

9. cce says:

I love that you are experiencing the what do I wear, what do I do, I haven’t been out in so long moment. It’s reassuring that other people are as removed from the hip scene as I am.
    Whatever you do, wear something sort of broken in. You wouldn’t want to appear as if you’re trying to hard. Taken from me, I’ve made that mistake. Went to a swank Miami Beach hotel for an alumini event wearing a silk top with a mandarin collar and black silk pants only to find that everyone was wearing jeans and t-shirts. Most embarrassing.

10. Kyla says:

*lol* I’m ridiculously young…but at the same time? I’m completely ancient. You will have a great time!

11. Jerri Ann says:

I haven’t been out in about 10 years, so you drink enough for both of us.

12. nila says:

I hope you have sore feet today because that will mean that you danced your booty off. Can’t go wrong with bluegrass. My 10 year old son is a huge fan, by his own choice. No one in our family listened to it until he made us. Now we kinda like it.

13. Babylinda says:

Omg! a month ago I went clubbing with my friend who came up from Florida! I

14. Babylinda says:

Sorry, it cut off! Anyway I remember while I was dancing and drinking think I am to old for this! What am I doing! I am only 24! I started being an adult at 17 though!