I’ve been tagged again! And this one is REALLY cool and took me WAY too long to finish.
Name six guilty pleasures no one would suspect you of having
- I like to walk into the Abercrombie store in the mall just to smell the men’s cologne. I am not a cologne person but that stuff makes me c-r-a-zzzzzy.
- I like to cruise MySpace and Facebook for old boyfriends. Mainly because I was such a screw-up for so many years, I tend to want them to find me so they can see I kinda turned out sane. Maybe.
- I love a mustard-free Quarter Pounder With Cheese from McDonald’s. I’m totally not a red meat eater and I don’t like hamburgers, but once in awhile I get the urge to have one of those disgusting sandwiches.
- Bubble baths. Well, I know you all aren’t surprised by that, but the average person who sees me as the person who cares very little about her appearance, would be shocked that I love bubble baths.
- I like walking into Bath and Body works and sniffing every lotion they have. Even if I own it and know exactly how it smells, I still have to do it for reasons I can’t explain.
- I love fresh flowers. I love giving them to people I love getting them. I buy them for myself sometimes, and keep them in my office or something just to make me smile. At least until someone says, “Oh! Who gave you those!” Then I get depressed because I gave them to myself.
Name six guilty pleasures you wish you had the courage to indulge
- Makeovers. I would love to get someone to do my makeup professionally and then teach me how to do it. But I’m too embarrassed because my eyebrows are ugly and I don’t really understand eye shadow.
- Aerobics. I used to love Aerobics classes both in college (that’s what I took for P.E.) and in high school. But now, I’m too embarrassed because I became suddently aware of how awkward I move and I no longer want to do those type of things in front of people.
- Big Words. I wish I knew how to use them properly. Even words I’m fairly certain I am using correctly, I am too chicken to actually use them because I know people will correct me and then I’ll be embarrassed.
- Shiny Jewelry. Diamonds. I’m not a diamond kind of girl because I tend to lose jewelry and I’m just not fancy enough. But when I see other women in diamonds? I wish I could pull it off. They’re so pretty!
- Stinky cheeses. I would love to love them because I always think people who like them are cool. But I’m scared to try them.
- Pipe Tobacco. For some reason I’ve always wanted to be one woman who smokes a pipe. Do you know any women who smoke pipes? I don’t. I would love to be that woman. But I’m too afraid I’d do it wrong. And that I’d hate it. Or that my husband would divorce me for starting.
Name six pleasures you once considered guilty but have now either abandoned or made peace with
- Tabloid magazines. I’ve come out of the celebrity-obsession closet and found out many of my friends were in there with me all along.
- I’ve given up reading Danielle Steele novels. They entertained me for years, but I seemed to have lost interest in them somewhere a long the way. Thank God. It’s hard to hide a habit like that.
- I finally gave up using the phrase “right on” and am very proud of that. It took years being out of daily contact from the evil friend who influenced me to say it (You know who you are) but I can finally say that one guilty pleasure is long gone. My husband could not be happier to have not known me when that was part of my vernacular.
- Stupid Television. Like Gossip Girl. Or the previous incarnation: The O.C.. I own up to liking those shows now. Even if I pretend I only watch them because the kids are.
- Romantic Comedies. I’ll see any Rom-Com out there and I’ll love it now matter how stupid. I’ve finally just accepted it and will almost blatantly boycott anything else.
- Hair scrunchies. I love them and I can’t help it. I didn’t even know it should be a guilty pleasure until Sex and the City told me so. But I’ve learned to embrace my scrunchies and I now wear them with pride.