I need a nap.

This weekend has been very busy. Sometimes I say that and feel it’s an extreme understatement. I don’t think I ever stopped going all weekend. And it’s not even noon on Sunday yet. We’re going to do Christmas at MrZ’s parents today and I’m looking forward to the break. Weekends like this would make Monday hurt that much worse, but lucky for me – I have Monday off.

I’ve got a lot of cool things to mention from the weekend (I had straight hair for a few hours!) but I never like to tell stories before I post the pictures, and right now I just don’t even have that time. So – you just have to know I have stories to tell. The end.

I’ve also been very contemplative this weekend. I’m guessing it’s because the new year is looming around the corner and I feel like I need to achieve some sort of perspective to start the year off right. I’ve been thinking a lot about the steps I’ve been trying to take to become the woman I aspire to be. How do I keep that progress rolling even amidst new babies and growing family needs? These thoughts have required that I look at ways I’ve maybe failed myself this year, and that can be enlightening and incredibly damn depressing.

Of course – I’m in this mindset listening to my daughter scream, “Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!” over and over again because she just heard her Daddy yell that at the television. It’s hard to contemplate life changes when you’re trying to hide your giggles from a toddler.

1. Becky says:

It must be something in the air. I also am feeling insanely contemplative, which I almost never do.

Lots of love, duder.

2. canape says:

I can’t wait to see you with straight hair!

3. Jules says:

It’s definitely that time of year to think about what you want to do different and better in the future. I know these thoughts have been plaguing me all this past week.

4. Wacky Mommy says:

Best wishes to you Zoots in this new, amazing year.

Sunday afternoons are an ideal time for naps, if you can swing it! Hope you have lots of fun with the fam today :)

6. Kym says:

I am with you on being a better woman this year! I have one small question, you said “amidst new babies” as in the plural. I know I read your blog early in the morning, but did I miss a multiple?

7. Bunny says:

Oh, Zoot, I want to know how to be a better woman, too. And I feel like my head is in the right place finally and I just need to put into practice things that will help me take care of myself. I want to know how you are going to do it with a new baby! I had it in my head that I would get pregnant this year, but now that it’s almost 08, I’m panicking a little, because I haven’t really made much noticeable progress.

8. Pocklock says:

DYING to see what you look like with straight hair!

08 will be amazing. I can feel it. Best to the entire Zoot family!

9. Karly says:

Speaking of little girls yelling Dammit, my 3 yr old daughter likes to yell at me and say “Not dammit, Mommy! We say DAAAAAARN IT.” She got a tricycle for Christmas and I told her to put her helmet on so she wouldn’t fall off and get brain damage (dramatic much?) and she said “Not brain damage, Mommy. Brain daaaaaarn it.” Kids crack me up!

10. mdv says:

:lol: NikkiZ is a mimic.

11. Katy says:

My daughter goes round shouting “wee wee” so I know how you feel.