Looking for a Guinea Pig…

So – in my downtime I taught myself how to design to work with the sidebar widget capability of WordPress. Probably not rocket science to those of you who gave in to learn that years ago, but I was pretty damn proud. I made a simple design to work with the default sidebar options a WordPress blog gives you. If you have a WordPress blog (one you set up yourself that you can add themes to, not the WordPress.com blogs) and you use the basic WordPress sidebar widgets – and you’d like a very Plain and Simple Aqua theme – I’d love to have someone to use this so I can see it in action to make sure I did it right. Like I said – it’s plain – but I didn’t want to put a lot of effort in a specific design just to tinker. Email me (misszootATgmailDOTcom) if you’d like to use it and let me know what your title/tagline would be. If you want to see it in action with fake entries and comments – - go here.

simple_aqua.png

1. Susan says:

I love the widgets, but the recent theme I installed doesn’t have it in place – is it something relatively simple I can add? All my side stuff is in the footer…

2. RA says:

I like it! Nice work, Zoot!

3. Jerri Ann says:

Zoot, I’d love it, I’ve had the same one on my Life in Reality blog for almost a year……would.love.to.have.it! But, I’m an idiot and don’t know anything about it. My husband did mine present one.

4. supertiff says:

i’d love to try it out, but i don’t think i’m skilled enough at wordpress to change my theme or whatever. i still can’t believe i ever got my site up and running to begin with.

5. Kathy says:

The sidebar widgets are cute. I wish there were more options for Blogger, especially ones that don’t involve working directly with the code.

6. Becky says:

You’re smart!

Now if only I could figure out how to add an “email me” link to my sidebar. Too bad I’m not computer savvy.

7. mdv says:

It looks great, Zoot.

You’re a busy woman. You invented your own language too. :-)

8. WonderSpot says:

I didn’t know that you could use a non-Wordpress blog design. So much to learn.

But it looks great!

9. Cassie says:

Maaaaaaaan. I just switched from wordpress.org to wordpress.com. And I already don’t really like .com nearly as .org. But, alas, I left the old domain for a reason.

(stupid internet stalkers)

I do like the theme a lot.