<< Random Bits Of Housekeeping
The Good Daughter >>
Random Questions You Should Totally Answer Because I’m Curious
- If you’re on hold with a company, which is better: To have the recording tell you approximately how long the wait will be, or NOT. I think I prefer NOT to know because then there’s always the hope that you’ll be talking to a human in mere seconds. When they tell you that it will be 47 minutes, you just want to go ahead and shoot yourself.
- Is there ever a cause for you not to tip at a restaurant? We tend to tip 15% even with the crappiest of service and add onto that depending on how good the service is. However – we know people who do the opposite – start at the 20% mark and work down to ZERO depending on the level of service.
- How do you feel about returning items you’ve purchased? To me – it’s not a big deal. I’ve done it hundreds of times. MrZ, on the other hand, hates to do it. If I didn’t offer to do it for him, there are times (depending on the amount spent – he does have his limits) that he would just keep the item instead of taking it back. He hates it that much.
- How do you feel about walking out of movies? Swistle brought this subject up recently on her site. Have you ever done it? Would you do it? I have only done it once and that was because LilZ was so bored he wouldn’t sit still. It was a movie I thought he’d like, but was waaaaay too young for it and was bored to TEARS. His fidgeting was making me crazy, so I offered to leave if he wanted to. He practically burned a hole in the carpet he ran out the door so fast. But normally? I wouldn’t. No matter how bad. I like popcorn too much to leave before the movie is over.
- Do you sing along with music? LilZ and I discussed this recently. Typically? He does NOT sing along with the music. I used to when I was younger but have grown out of it because I know it pains the people around me. (I have a DREADFUL voice. Seriously. I’ve actually been told that.) He has a nice voice, though. I don’t know why he doesn’t sing. One sidenote: We BOTH sing out loud (and LOUDLY) along with Buffy’s “Once More, With Feeling” soundtrack which we actually were playing full-blast last night while cooking dinner. I don’t know why that gets us out of our vocal shells, but most music does not.