I want to play with the LEASE!

DSC_0076

NikkiZ went down to Birmingham and back with me today so we could take LilZ to see his Dad. She was so good on the trip I promised her I’d take her to play in some leaves today. Which she calls “lease” because she still hasn’t mastered several sounds, one of them being the “v” sound. Of course we all know why I promised this to her. All for the photo ops. Any chance I can get to make my kids be my lab rats on the road to becoming an good photographer, I’m jumping all over.

DSC_0040

DSC_0058

I promise you, though. They had fun.

(How’s that for an uber-lame NaBloPoMo Saturday post?)

1. bessie.viola says:

Zoot, I think it’s safe to say that you’re not so much “on the road” to great photography as already there. These shots are amazing… Can’t believe those giant leaves!!

I’m sorry, “leases.” :) Gorgeous work!

2. ShortyMom says:

A picture is worth a thousand words makes this post far from lame. Love the pictures! Their expressions are priceless!

3. bigskygirl says:

omg. andy looks like he had more fun than is probably allowed by law in some states. i want to smush him and hug him and kiss him and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze him and love him.

you make some damn fine lookin’ kids, lady. :)

4. kirida says:

I hope you get these on canvas prints. They are stunning!

5. Cindi B. says:

Did you actually dress NikkiZ in that fall-colored outfit on purpose for the photos? They look great!

6. SupaCoo says:

Your pictures are REALLY getting good!! I mean, it helps that you have the cutest subject matter EVER but these shots look so great!

7. Randi says:

They look great! I love the first one of NikkiZ!

8. Monica says:

For a second I thought those giant leaves were superimposed in the photo because I’ve seriously never seen leaves that gigantic! Great photos!!

9. stacey says:

those are amazing pictures!!! AMAZING

Love the colors in these pictures. NikkiZ’s outfit is PERFECT.

11. erin says:

Not lame when you’re sharing such awesome pictures!

12. Stephanie says:

These are amazing photos of the kiddos playing in the leaves…. Scott is just a wee bit to small still to introduce to the leaves… plus, I live where Lyme disease got its name so I am PARANOID!

13. Grandmere says:

Terrific pictures!!

14. Courtney says:

The lease are beautiful, but your kids playing in them is ten times better!

15. Stacy says:

That last picture of her is adorable! Very autumn!!

16. That first photo is fantastic!

17. Maria says:

You did good, Zoot! Those photos are gorgeous.

18. Those are such great photos!

19. Liana says:

SUCH gorgeous photos! My favorite is the last one- NikkiZ running with those HUGE leaves.
    (Of course, you must know that AndyZ’s smile absolutely SLAYS me every time I see it. Just for the record).

As far as Saturday posts go, this one is SO much better than MY lame Saturday post, esp. being that not only is yours NOT lame but also filled with The Cuteness. :)

20. Hannah says:

I love that first picture! It’s so cute!

I love her jumper as well! Can’t say orange is my colour but its a cool jumper!

21. DCZia says:

You already take some really great photos of your kids. The top one of NikkiZ here is my favorite. Great composition, with her on the right side of the photo. The orange stripe in her sweater picks up the orange in the leaves, and the look on her face is wonderful. You also got that perfect golden autumn glow of the light. I’m inspired, and hope photos that I take of my kid (almost here – due date in 11 days) will be as good.

22. Bonnie says:

Great pictures- the fall colors just make everything look so refreshing.

23. Rachael says:

I gotta agree with the first comment here – your photography totally makes me jealous! That first picture especially is just gorgeous!