Random Silly To Ease The Sad
- We took NikkiZ to see Santa last night. The Botanical Gardens has to have their Fantasy of Lights up and running by Thanksgiving, so they spend the weekends before Thanksgiving doing Walk-Thrus. This weekend is for Members Only, so we took advantage of the smaller crowds. There really is no better way to see the Fantasy of Lights than on foot. It’s fantastic. And at the end? Santa. Where NikkiZ asked for a Diego Scooter. Which she had never mentioned before yesterday. Guess what a certain elf will be trying to hunt down the next few weeks!
- LilZ has been reading like a madman, and he’s constantly recommending books to me. Unfortunately, my recent trend of going to sleep at night before 8pm has kept me from even finishing the books on my nightstand, much less his. Do any of you read anymore? How do you find the time? (Please don’t tell me you don’t watch TV.)
- I tried my first SALT bagel the other day. Ever had one of those? BRILLIANT! They’re like those giant soft pretzels! Why didn’t I ever know that? How does someone who loves pretzels not get notified of the wonder of SALT bagels? I don’t know how I missed it, but I’m going to make sure you don’t. If you love pretzels? Get yourself a SALT bagel – STAT.
- Have you ordered your tickets to the midnight showing of Twilight yet? We have.
- I was talking to a friend recently who said she lost a bunch of weight and was refocusing on health and fitness. I was all, “I wish I had that motivation.” She reminded me that her motivation was her boyfriend up and leaving her and taking a bunch of their jointly-owned stuff with him. She jokingly said, “You should just tell MrZ to do that to you. The urge to change your life will be irresistible then.” It’s a testament to how bitter I am with my body that I actually considered it for a moment.
You may also like...