Age 3: Equally Evil And Brilliant

NikkiZ has just developed such entertaining use of language that I can think of nothing more fun than just hanging out and talking to her many days. She is picking up a lot more from adults around her than she had in the passed and that has birthed some fantastic expressive moments from her. This morning? She exasperatingly exclaimed while throwing her hands up in the air, “Oh, Man! I totally forgot to ask Ms. D for that paper!” It was such a teenager thing to do that I almost spit out my coffee I started laughing so hard. Throw the hand on the hip and an, “Oh. My. Gawd.” and I will feel like I’ve just meant the 14-year old version of my daughter.

Last night she and I went to the grocery store by ourselves. (To get kitty litter. Just kidding.) When we were going towards the front door, a young guy grabbing buggies from the buggy-bin (or shopping cart bin, if you’re not me) and NikkiZ said to me, “I like him. That boy right there.” I have no idea what drew her attention to him in the first place so I said, “Really? Why?” She said, “Because he’s HEALTHY.”

HA! Really? Because he’s HEALTHY? HA!

Those two things almost made me forget that she got a red card yesterday at school. AGAIN. Because while she has an entertaining grasp on the English language, she’s still a tad bit possessed by demons. *sigh*

Oh noes, she’s noticing boys already? Well, at least she knows what she’s looking for. :-)

2. stacey says:

hahahaha love when they get to that age!!

3. stace says:

HAHAHAHAHA!!

4. Maria says:

Too funny. I wonder where she picked up “because he’s healthy.”

Does she get red carded for the same misbeahavior or does the misbehavior vary?

5. cagey says:

Arun says “Oh MAN”, too. I love the intonation he uses – the exasperation. Furthermore, Anjali says “Oh MAN” now. Sigh.

6. SupaCoo says:

I hope that they are HEALTHY demons at least that she’s possessed with! :)

7. Hilary says:

I also appreciate a healthy man. :)

8. That is hilarious!

I’ll tell you, my 3 year old has an attitude about him, too. A few weeks ago, we went to our favorite chinese takeout restaurant for dinner. He went in the door, walked right up to the cute girl and the counter, and says, “Hi, Girl. I think I love you.” hahahahahaha We just about died laughing.

9. dori says:

because he’s HEALTHY – love it I just almost spit unhealthy RC cola all over my screen….

and good luck with your diet/exercise, Zoot!!! Your goals are great – I need to join ya!

I think I’m a little bit terrified of three year olds ;) Is a red card like in soccer??

11. Michelle says:

I miss that age soooo much! My youngest of four is
    thirteen, the dreaded creepager as my favorite
    aunt used to say. We still crack up over some
    of the funny things the kids said at that age.

12. Mel says:

Are you sure about her age, I mean really LOL

13. Courtney says:

She’s so funny! It’s so hard to imagine my own little girl at that age. She’s 6 months now, but I swear, three isn’t that far away!

14. Brie says:

Haha! I LOL’ed when I read “because he’s healthy!”

15. Elaine says:

I think “oh man” must come from Swiper on Dora the Explorer. My two-year old says it, too. I think my favoriate use of the expression has been when she’s made a mess in her diaper, running to the potty only to pull down her pull-up and exclaim, “oh, mmaaann”