It Always Comes Back To Television
Hello! How are you doing? I’m fine, thanks. Been a little busy, but hanging in there. I went back home this week for a short trip since my Dad got discharged from the hospital and sent home. (Woo Hoo! No more hospital food!) While at home my youngest has had a double ear infection and NikkiZ is sporting her nine millionth cold of the season. Due to reasons I won’t divulge, LilZ lost the use of his cell phone and the internet this week. He also lost his DVR which may have been more of a perk for us since we now have dual tuner recording capabilities in the bedroom now. All of these things combine to be my list of Excuses Why I Haven’t Been Blogging. And also Excuses Why I Have Been Drinking MrZ’s Beer When He’s Not Looking. (Sorry, hon.)
I have been using my Awake Time in the middle of the night with random sick children to catch up on some TV. I have made a few decisions regarding this current TV season I thought I’d share with you:
- My favorite new shows: Leverage and Fringe. I’m thrilled everyone else seems to love them as well.
- Shows that I used to love but are letting me down this season: Ugly Betty and C.S.I.
- Then, of course, there are always the shows I still watch religiously even though I have NO IDEA WHY: Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs
- I’m still continually thrilled by the developments on Lost. Making a concrete END DATE for that show was the best thing they ever did. The show seems to actually be following some sort of path towards a conclusion while still making me go…”No!?” every week.
- I am always happy when my favorite shows continue to keep me happy: NCIS, Bones, House, Criminal Minds, HIMYM.
- I feel really guilty for not falling desperately in love with Dollhouse yet. It’s a Joss Whedon creation – I feel like I’m required to obsess over everything he does. WHY CAN’T I OBSESS OVER THAT?
- I find myself fast forwarding through a lot of TV lately. There are several story lines on Friday Night Lights that bore me so I tend to zoom past those. (None of the ones involving Coach Taylor, of course. Yum.) I fear that may be a bad sign.
- I am having a hard time picking favorites on Biggest Loser or The Amazing Race yet this year. There are a bunch of teams/people on both I like. That may be a first!
What about you? Any TV opinions this season you’d like to share as we head into the finale season?