My friend Karen brings Spicy Saltines to gatherings sometimes and I tend to hover around the container eating them until I either (A) Throw up or (B) Run out. I love them so much I have found myself often dreaming about them. THIS IS NOT A LIE.
I finally looked up a few recipes recently as I’m sick of just waiting until the next time I see Karen and hoping she’ll bring them. Why don’t I make them myself? That would make more sense. Except for now? I’m going to eat them every second of every day until I die. Which will be soon because these things are NOT HEALTHY SNACKS.
Without further ado – the easiest snack recipe in the world: Spicy Saltines.
- 3 sleeves of Saltines
- 1 c. of oil
- 1 envelope of ranch dressing mix
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1-gallon ziploc bag
- Put the sleeves of crackers in the Ziploc bag.
- Mix oil, pepper and garlic power in container that can pour (I use my pyrex measuring cup)
- Pour mix over crackers and swish around a bit. Lay flat for 20 minutes.
- Flip bag for another 20 minutes.
- Maybe flip again twice, in 15-minutes intervals, or just give up trying to coat crackers evenly and dump entire bag out into your mouth.
Here are some pictures below of the process. And, yes. I included a picture of the mess I made dropping several on the floor. I’m keeping it real here, people.