Dark

i just got back a bit of cell service and am typing thison my iPhone w/out the handy WP app bc I didn’t think I’d ever need it. Kinda likes weather radio and an RV. We are fine. Without power in the ENTIRE CITY until Monday (we hope Monday) — I know it’s bad al over the state but I don’t know how bad bc we are so out of touch. The weather is perfect so life without power is just an inconvenience forcing us on walks and to parks. It’s weird and I can’t wait to tell you our stories when I can do so withmore than my forefinger. Thanks for all if your messages of concern on Twitter, FB and here. It makes me feel less alone. I hope to update soon.

Oh…I also haven’t showered for 3 days and have eaten most of the 100 cake poppers I made for the Dessert Theatre we were supposed to have Tonight. In other words? Being without power makes me SEXY.

1. I’m so glad to hear that all of you are okay. Hang in there. I hope Monday brings electricity and hot water!

2. Colleen says:

Ugh! I’ll be hoping for Monday power! And I’ll be wishing you a weekend of good weather.

3. Sarah says:

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you guys are safe. xoxo

4. Christina says:

Oh lady. Hang in there. Watching the scary stories on Dateline. Glad you are safe, praying for power and calm weather for a long while.

5. So glad you and the family are safe. Keeping you and everyone in the area in our family’s thoughts.

6. Lisa says:

I’m glad to hear that you guys are ok even if you’re unshowered and in the dark. *hugs*

So glad to hear you’re alright!

8. Sandy says:

Glad you were able to post an entry! Hopefully your lights will be back on Monday!

9. Alison C says:

So glad to hear you are all ok. Hope you get power back soon.

Thank God for cake poppers to eat and a little cell service. I’m glad you checked in, I’ve been worried about you!

11. Monica says:

Thank goodness you and your family are ok! It’s strange how much you can worry about a family you’ve never even met.

12. Holly says:

So glad you are okay! We were without power for quite some time after Hurricane Ike and I pretty much turned into a caveman (cave woman?) during that time.

13. Tammy says:

Glad to know you are all safe. Scary weather lately. Hope power is back quickly for you.

14. Lindsey says:

Glad you could post and update us. Was definitely thinking of you and your clan.

• Cindi B. says:

Have been following your progress on Twitter– and it made me realize I have a friend in Decatur. Haven’t been able to reach her for a couple of days, but I’m sure all is well…. for the most part!

How interesting your comment…”The weather is perfect”. Hope you never have to go through anything like this ever again!

15. Kym says:

I have been following you on twitter to keep up with your safety. I hope your coworker gets through this tough time and your electricity comes back very soon.

16. Michelle says:

So glad to have an update from you. I’m very glad that you and your family are safe. I hope you have power asap. I’ve been thinking of you a lot since last week.

17. Jana Frerichs says:

YEA!!! So relieved to hear that you and your family are okay! Hope your power is back on soon and the weather continues to cooperate.

18. Wacky Mommy says:

take care and i’m thinking about everyone there and sending out love. nancy

19. Jo says:

Glad to hear that all is well… and that you still have your sense of humor!

Hope you get your power back soon, if you haven’t already!

20. NTE says:

Relieved to hear that you are all well, if inconvenienced. Hope the power comes back on soon!

21. Lindsey says:

So glad to hear you and your fam is okay. Its been a rough few days – your post made me smile :)