That Time When I Was Happy To See Monday.
My patience has been pushed to the limits this weekend. I went from a proud high on Saturday morning after a pretty decent long run (TWELVE MILES) to a stressed out low due to a number of things too boring to discuss on my blog. Basically I have a list of things to do today that include:
1) Call pest control
2) Taking a kid to the doctor
3) Making an appointment with the vet
4) Double-checking some stuff associated with my volunteer gigs as it seems I made some mistakes this weekend I don’t want to happen again
5) Try to think of a way to thank my friend for letting us do laundry at her house AGAIN yesterday (this is the THIRD washer/dryer malfunction we’ve had in just a couple months)
6) Figure out how to make up time lost at work this week for all of the above appointments. Especially with a BUILD week for my training which means I’m running over 30 miles total again.
7) Meal Plan since I’ll be gone many nights either working or running.
8) Research solution #73 for dealing with blisters.
9) Get Prescription for Anxiety Meds and begin abusing it.
All of these things are directly related to the chaos that unfolded in our lives this weekend. Things I couldn’t really do anything about because it was the weekend. So, for the FIRST TIME EVER, I think I’m joyful it’s finally Monday. I can finally try to deal with several of the challenges we’re facing. Nothing fun or exciting that would make good blog entries, just a bunch of stressful boring stuff that makes me stressed and anxious.
So, can we guess what Kim did last night?
If you said, “BINGED!” you’re right! Because that’s what Kim does, she undoes a week’s worth of hard work with 17 bowls of raisin bran! (HA! I typed “raising brain” first which gave me the first laugh of the day. I needed that. THANK YOU STUPID FINGERS!) I’m trying to just get into Monday without thinking about falling off the wagon last night.
I’m hoping that by the end of the day I’ve at least got game plans in place to deal with the malfunctions in our lives, which will alleviate a lot of the anxiety. So, hopefully I’ll go back to the drinking my tea tonight instead of 9 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and tomorrow I’ll wake up to a better day.
Until then…let’s start writing our next Vegetarian Zombie Flick: RAISIN BRAINS!