If He Didn’t Already Have A Few Watches He Doesn’t Wear, I’d Get Him Another One.

Yes. I’m pulling a blog stunt on a FRIDAY because SATURDAY traffic sucks, DON’T HATE ON ME.

Tomorrow is my BFFs birthday. I jokingly refer to him as my BFF but you know? If you rank your best friends in terms of those people who have known you the best for the longest? He would win. 17 years we’ve known each other. And during those 17 years we’ve been quite close. You know, we live together and all. He knows my favorite books, music, and movies; and he has since he was old enough to retain such knowledge. So, by all Junior High definitions of “BFF” – he would totally get the “Be Fri” charm and I would get the “est ends” charm.

He turns 17 tomorrow. If he were a wizard he would be considered an adult and would be allowed to apparate legally and fly out of Hogwarts on his broom if it was over taken by an evil Ministry of Magic steward. I’ll not reveal whether or not he is a wizard, of course, no one wants their memory wiped – I’m sure.

People tell me all the time how awesome E is and I never know what to say. “Thanks,” is usually what I go with but I want to say. “I know.” Because I do. If I could create a recipe that would tell everyone how to create a kid just like E, I’d be filthy rich. But I always have to admit: He was born awesome. He’s always been laid-back and easy-going. Even as a baby, so I probably can’t take too much credit for his awesomeness. Especially considering the hell he went through during my college years as we were living on quite meager funds and he spent many a late night up at a computer lab at my college. You know – kids love that stuff.

So tomorrow is his birthday. He’s had a bit of a stressful week. He has rehearsals and theatre obligations all weekend and the next 2 months most of his free time will be more of the same. He loves it all, of course, but it can make life a little stressful. So, for his birthday, I’d love it if you guys could help me wish him Happy Birthday. He’s on Twitter, as most of you know because if you’re smart you follow him because HE IS FREAKIN’ HILARIOUS. And we interact a lot on Twitter which, you know, I think is also hilarious but it may be one of those things that he and I find HYSTERICAL but the rest of the world finds boring.

So, follow him on Twitter. Or don’t follow him, just simply wish him a Happy Birthday through twitter. Or, if you’re not a tweeter, just do it here. I’ll make him read the comments. Either way – help me tell one of the most awesome teenage boys in the world to have the Happiest Birthday Possible. He rocks my socks off and since I’m not filthy rich and can’t take him to NYC for his birthday to see Real Broadway Shows, maybe I can make up for it by having everyone I know online wish him “Happy Birthday” an entire day early.

I mean, those two things are close in awesomeness, right?

1. Han says:

I think I follow already (if that isn’t weird lol) Will make sure I drop by and wish him Happy Birthday – in fact I’ll write it in my diary so I DO NOT FORGET!

2. whitefieldroad says:

E: I hope you have the Happiest Birthday Possible, and not just because your mom told me to say it! This year, I decided to follow this proverb: Wherever you go, go with all your heart. You seem to have that one nailed – keep up the great work!

3. Cara says:

Happy Birthday, E! I think you’ll always be ‘that cool kid LilZ’ to me.

4. Amber says:

Happy Birthday E! You seem like a great “adult”. Hope you have a great day!

5. Carrie says:

I’ve been following E for a long time (er…not to sound stalkerish or anything…), and I agree. He is HILARIOUS! I love his Tweets. And his YouTube videos are hilarious, too. I hope my kids turn out just like him.

6. Carrie says:

Oh! And Happy Birthday, E! Being an adult in the wizarding world is awesome.

7. megan says:

Happy Birthday, E! Hope it’s the most awesome day possible!

8. Sandy says:

Happy Birthday E! Hope it’s a great one!

9. Laurie says:

I hope E has the best birthday. I’ll send a shout out tomorrow, too, but wanted to mention here, that my 16 yo niece has asked me multiple times if I know E in person. She saw his pics and wants to know how I know him…so I explained I am internet friends with his mom! Ha!

10. Jaida says:

Hi E! Happy birthday! You make me a little less afraid of teenagers :) I hope you have a wonderful day.

11. VHMPrincess says:

Happy Birthday!! I hope my kids turn out just like you!! :-)

12. Teal says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY E!!!!!! You were born on a great day!!

13. Therese says:

Happy Happy Birthday E! I hope your day (and year) are the best ever.

14. Candy says:

Happy Birthday E. Have an awsome day!!

15. Janelle says:

Happy birthday. I’ve been wanting an excuse, that didn’t seem creepy to follow you on twitter, and now I have one?

16. Rachel says:

That’s funny b/c I was going to follow him on twitter since you RT him a lot, but then I thought that might be creepy… But now it seems like it gets your stamp of approval, so here’s 1 more follower for you.

And, Happy birthday!! 17 is a pretty rocking age… enjoy. (p.s. Did that just make me sound really old?)

17. meekasmommy says:

Happy, happy Birthday!

18. Tamara says:

Happy Birthday E! If you were a wizard (and I’m not saying you’re not, you might just be hiding from us Muggles) your wand would be made from oak- because you have always been strong and sturdy, supporting your family- and in its core would be strands of lion fur- because you are brave and courageous in following your dreams. What a wonderful young man that we inter-webians have grown to know and be proud of

19. Roseann says:

Happiest of Happy Birthday, Eliah. You have an amazing mom, and I love hearing about all your adventures.

20. sally says:

don’t do twitter but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, E!!!

21. Amira says:

Happy 17th, E! You two are the epitome of the relationship I hope to have with my son (and daughter). Thanks for sharing his stories and his tweet ARE hilarious. (I’ve been tempted to follow, but didn’t know if it would be weird, but since you asked..)

22. Beth B. says:

E – you are an awesome dude from what i’ve ever read about you. Hope you have a super duper day! Happy Birthday!!

23. Beth says:

Happy Birthday E!! Hope you have the best day.

24. Meg says:

Happy Birthday, so glad you were born, and born to Kim!!!!

25. Stacey says:

Happy Happy Birthday E!!! I hope it is a fantastic day!! I was a theatre major and didn’t get to see a show on Broadway until just a few years ago (same age as your mom) I bet you will be on the stage and not be a spectator!!

26. Lise says:

Happy Birthday, E! My daugthter, who just turned 17, says that you are like the male version of her (and I think she’s right.) I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow, and that you spend tomorrow night the way she’s going to. . . with a house full of theatre friends.

27. Mandy says:

It’s so crazy I started reading your blog when he was 11! He’s grown in to a handsome young man! Happy birthday E! Enjoy your day!

28. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, E!!!!! (and many more………..)

29. Rebecca says:

Happy Birthday E! Hope you have a wonderful day!

30. Sharri says:

Happy Birthday E! Not only are you an amazing kid, but you have an amazing mom! Thanks to both of you for sharing your lives over the last years. You rock! (I’m delurking for E’s birthday!)

31. Monica says:

Happy Birthday, E! I hope you have the best day ever! I would love for my son to grow up to be as awesome as you!

32. yuet-ching says:

Watching Lilz grow up through his mom’s blog has been great!~ The way your mum writes is so funny~~~and the stories are just so heartwarming. Congrats on passing your driving test & have the Happiest Birthday Possible this year~~ Continue to be awesome~~~

33. yuet-ching says:

Omg OMg OMg I just remembered the posts when LIlz were still young, and Lilz is so big now~~~Omg omg omg I have been following this blog for so many years

34. cagey says:

Happy birthday to Mr. E.

My own mother STILL talks about what an awesome kid he is! ;-)

35. Courtney says:

Aw, happy birthday E!! What a great performer, brother, and son! I miss him as one of my own students :)

36. lindsayc says:

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope your special day was wonderful.

37. Becca says:

Happy Birthday, E! I hope you have an absolutely marvelous day full of fun and love! Enjoy being 17!

38. Karl says:

I guess I am late to the party, but I believe I’ve wished E/LilZ the best previously, and I insist on doing it again. :-) Mister E!: Happy Birthday, and best wishes from one of us who have followed your progress from fine young child to most excellent young adult.