Books, TV, Doritos…OH MY!
- Someone got their first library card! And read THREE books this weekend. Two of them are CHAPTER BOOKS! Looks like we got another reader in the family! I can not tell you how excited this makes me. EEK.
- Do you know who One Direction is? I discovered them through Michael Buckley awhile a go, but now they’re totally popular in the US with the teen girls! So I’m totally hip now! Who knew? Anyway…one of the boys in this British boy band is Harry Styles and he has hair a bit like E’s. And they both have big, sweet smiles. Several have commented to us that they look alike, but nothing quite like what happened to us last week. E was getting yogurt at a frozen yogurt shop and felt like this group of girls was talking about him. When he turned around, they all had their phones out taking his picture. He came outside with me and the group followed and one of them said, “Did you know you look just like Harry Styles? Can we have our picture made with you?” They all gathered around him while their Mom took their picture. It was THE MOST HYSTERICAL THING EVER. Seriously. I was laughing so hard my face hurt.
- How much do you love the Doritos Locos from Taco Bell? Because we ADORE them. I mean…it’s like someone thought: How do we make a taco from Taco Bell more synthetic? I know! Let’s replace the shell with a DORITO! And that combination of low quality taco meat and orange flavor dust created something miraculous! E took his friend there for Doritos Locos before a big formal this weekend. Suit and Gown and all!
- TV! OH MY GOD! Have you been watching all of the season finales of our favorite shows? Parks and Rec! The Vampire Diaries! Once Upon A Time! Fringe! I don’t want to talk about these things right here because I don’t want to spoil anyone but if you talk about them in the comments I’ll come and say…OH MY GOD! Especially if you’re talking about Elena. ELENA! And Tyler. TYLER!
- I read Insurgent. I reviewed it spoiler-free here but I’m listening to it on audiobook too so I can really process my thoughts. I liked it, don’t get me wrong, but I liked Divergent better. And I liked Insurgent, just not sure loved it. Have you read it? What are your thoughts?
- My party went GREAT. We had so much fun! Why do I get so stressed about these things when I end up having so much fun? As soon as everyone left Donnie said to me, “Why don’t we do that more often?” Which is a VERY good question. Why don’t we? So…we’re going to try to do it more. Maybe again at the end of the summer. Either way…a perfect example as to why it’s good to take a chance and put yourself out there. Which is EXACTLY what Jenny talks about in her book. It got very meta.
- MY MARATHON IS SATURDAY. OH. MY. GOD. I don’t really know what else to say about that. Because I’m still kinda freaking about it. So, I’ll stick with: OH. MY. GOD.